Including a 1 hour full nutritional consultation.
Hair has the unique ability to concentrate toxic heavy metals and essential minerals making hair analysis a useful screening tool.
Unlike blood and urine, hair acts as a storage depot for elements. Numerous papers discuss the accuracy and efficacy of hair mineral testing, particularly for toxic metals such as mercury.
An E.P.A. study concluded that hair is a “meaningful and representative tissue for biological monitoring of most of the toxic metals.” At the same time, hair testing should be regarded as a “screen”, since levels may also reflect external contamination (shampoos etc.).
Hair analysis is a simple, non-invasive and inexpensive way of testing for nutrient/toxic interactions. Studies confirm that long term exposure to toxic elements/minerals can progressively impair various enzymatic and neurologic processes, leading to a variety of health conditions. Systems affected by toxic element accumulation include
Toxic Elements that are measured:
- Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Arsenic, Aluminium, Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium
- Potassium, Iron, Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Chromium, Selenium, Phosphorous, Nickel, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Lithium, Boron
How to complete hair mineral analysis test:
- Email Mary(firstname.lastname@example.org) to send you out a Hair Mineral Analysis form to complete.
- Add a 25g sample of your hair (1 heaped tablespoon) and if have colour-treated hair including highlights, make sure to go in at the nape of the neck to take your sample.
- Put hair sample in a little envelope/small plastic bag and include this sample with your fully completed hair Mineral Analysis form and post off to Biolab in the UK (address on your form)
- Either pay online through paypal or IBAN
- Mary will contact you once results are back which normally takes 2 week from when Biolab receive your sample
- Options available for Hair Mineral Analysis include test only or test plus full nutritional consultation and analysis. Consultation can be completed in person or by phone or SKYPE.