Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to 100 food and drink ingredients.
Negative Result Refund of €114*
Lorisian food intolerance tests use a very simple finger prick blood collection wand system. Because the finger prick system is so easy to use, the sample can be taken at home.
The sample is then posted back to the Lorisian Laboratory (in a pre-paid envelope), tested and analysed for IgG antibody reactions to the food and drink ingredients listed here.
Refer to the step by step guide further down.
The Lorisian 100 Plus Tests for the following;
- Corn (Maize)
- Gliadin (Gluten)
- Cows milk
- Chilli Pepper
- Herb Mix (Coriander, Cumin & Dill)
- Mint Mix (Mint, Sage, Basil & Thyme)
- Sesame Seed
- Cocoa Bean
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Sunflower Seed
- Yeast (Brewers & Bakers)
- Haricot Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Mustard Mix (Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage & Cauliflower)
- Peppers (Capsicum) & Paprika
- Soya Bean
- String Bean
- Brazil Nut
- Cashew Nut
- Crustacean Mix (Crab, Lobster, Prawn/Shrimp)
- Mollusc Mix (Mussel, Oyster & Scallop)
- Oily Fish Mix (Herring & Mackerel)
- Plaice & Sole
- Salmon & Trout
- White Fish Mix (Cod & Haddock)
- Melon Mix (Watermelon, Honeydew & Cantaloupe)
Included in the kit
1 x Antiseptic wipe
1 x Lancet
1 x Absorbent wand and container
1 x Plaster
1 x Customer details form
1 x Prepaid envelope
- Keep out of reach of children
- Should only be used by an adult
- Lancet is for individual use and should not be shared with others
- Return used lancet in the kit box provided for safe disposal.
You should not take the test if you are:
- Suffering from blood borne diseases such as Hepatitis or HIV
- Under the age of 2
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Taking steroids or immunosuppressants
If you do not feel confident completing the steps listed here Mary can perform the test in her clinic and go through your results with you when you purchase this test with a consultation simply CLICK HERE.
- Complete your details on the form and write your name and the date clearly on the side of the wand container with the pen provided.
- You should wash your hands thoroughly in warm water and dry.
- Wipe the side of your finger or thumb with the antiseptic wipe and allow to dry.
- Twist and pull the cover off the lancet.
- Place the lancet against the side of your finger or thumb and press the green plunger quickly and firmly to puncture your skin.
- Hold your hand at waist level (or lower than heart) and massage finger or thumb from base to tip to produce a large droplet of blood.
- Hold the wand by the plastic cover and allow the blood to soak up. The wand should be red throughout, showing it is completely full. We need this to be full as it contains the precise amount of blood needed for testing.
- Immediately place the full wand inside the wand cover.
- Put the sample and the lancet (for safe disposal) back inside the box; and replace the lid on the box.
- Place your sample and lancet in the kit box. Take your completed customer details form and kit box, and place in the envelope provided.
Remember to include the customer details form, without this Lorisian cannot process a blood sample.
- The sample is processed with the utmost care and attention and all sample information is stored on a secure IT system
- Each sample is given its own unique tracking number to allow us to track it through the testing process
- The blood sample is removed from the wand and prepared for testing
- We use ELISA technology (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) to detect food-specific IgG antibodies in your blood. The ELISA method is used extensively in hospital laboratories. This technique has been shown to be highly reproducible in measuring antibodies of clinical importance. The test is unique to Lorisian and our parent company has been providing diagnostic testing since 1982
- We check the sample at 7 key stages through the laboratory process before sending out the final result
- Once your sample has been tested it is disposed of in a secure manner and the information is stored within our secure data storage system
- Each sample tested has a customised results pack assembled which will be delivered back to you.
*it is rare, but if your test results do not show any positive results Mary Carmody Nutrition offers a Negative Result Refund of €114 on this test.