Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to 150 food and drink ingredients.
Negative Result Refund of €155*
Lorisian food intolerance tests use a very simple finger prick blood collection wand system.
The sample is then posted back to the Lorisian Laboratory, tested and analysed for IgG antibody reactions to the food and drink ingredients listed here.
This test also includes a 1hr consultation with Mary Carmody to go over your results and Mary also performs the test for you.
Refer to the step by step guide further down.
The Lorisian 150 Plus Tests for the following;
- Corn (Maize)
- Gliadin (Gluten)
- Cows' milk
- Goats' milk
- Sheep's milk
- Cocoa Bean
- Cola Nut
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Ginseng (Korean)
- Ginseng (Siberian)
- Green Tea
- Rooibos (Red Bush Tea)
- Sugar Cane
- Sunflower Seed
- Yeast (Brewers & Bakers)
- Brazil Nut
- Cashew Nut
- Haricot Bean
- Kidney Bean
- Mustard Mix (Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage & Cauliflower)
- Peppers (Capsicum) & Paprika
- Soya Bean
- String Bean
- Anise Seed
- Chilli Pepper
- Cinnamon & Clove
- Dandelion & Burdock
- Herb Mix (Coriander, Cumin & Dill)
- Mint Mix (Mint, Sage, Basil & Thyme)
- Mustard Seed
- Nutmeg & Peppercorn
- Sesame Seed
- Crustacean Mix (Crab, Lobster, Prawn/Shrimp)
- Mollusc Mix (Mussel, Oyster & Scallop)
- Oily Fish Mix (Herring & Mackerel)
- Plaice & Sole
- Salmon & Trout
- White Fish Mix (Cod & Haddock)
- Acai Berry
- Elderberry & Elderflower
- Grape (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Grape (Chardonnay)
- Grape (Chenin Blanc)
- Grape (Concord)
- Grape (Malbec)
- Grape (Merlot)
- Grape (Pinot Grigio)
- Grape (Pinot Noir)
- Grape (Red & White Zinfandel)
- Grape (Riesling)
- Grape (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Grape (Shiraz)
- Melon Mix (Watermelon, Honeydew & Cantaloupe)
Your client should not take the test if:
- Suffering from blood borne diseases such as Hepatitis or HIV
- Under the age of 2
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Taking steroids or immunosuppressants
Mary will perform this test for you in her clinic.
- Mary will complete your customer form and explain the process to you.
- She will place alancet against the side of your finger or thumb and press the green plunger quickly and firmly to puncture your skin. (this will hurt a little bit similar to a vaccination or blood test but quicker)
- Mary will ask you to hold your hand at waist level (or lower than heart) and massage finger or thumb from base to tip to produce a large droplet of blood.
- Mary will then hold the wand by the plastic cover and allow the blood to soak up. The wand will be red throughout, to show when it is completely full. We need this to be full as it contains the precise amount of blood needed for testing.
- Mary will place all the required contents in the box and send them to Lorisan for testing.
- The sample is processed with the utmost care and attention and all sample information is stored on a secure IT system
- Each sample is given its own unique tracking number to allow us to track it through the testing process
- The blood sample is removed from the wand and prepared for testing
- We use ELISA technology (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) to detect food-specific IgG antibodies in your blood. The ELISA method is used extensively in hospital laboratories. This technique has been shown to be highly reproducible in measuring antibodies of clinical importance. The test is unique to Lorisian and our parent company has been providing diagnostic testing since 1982
- We check the sample at 7 key stages through the laboratory process before sending out the final result
- Once your sample has been tested it is disposed of in a secure manner and the information is stored within our secure data storage system
- Each sample tested has a customised results pack assembled which can be delivered back to Mary who will discuss them with you at your consultation.
*it is rare, but if your test results do not show any positive results Mary Carmody Nutrition offers a Negative Result Refund of €155 on this test.